Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is necessary. Mary has made the right choice, and it will not be taken away from her.” -Luke 10:41-42


I love this verse. I feel like Martha should be replaced with Katherine. Because I,too, like Martha worry about many things. The New Living Translation says, "you are worried and upset over all these details!" If that's not speaking right to me, I don't know what is. I always worry over the tiniest details and am concerned over how everything is going to fall into place. (my future right now!) 


But like the verse says, Mary made the right choice and it will not be taken away from her. Mary chose Christ, who can never be taken away from us. I don't want to be Martha. I want to be Mary, with my eyes only on the Lord. That way the "many things" and "details" that upset others have no affect on me, because my trust is in Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this and I love your openness of your heart on here. You, ten years younger than me, are teaching me many things. I love you.

    ReplyDelete