Saturday, July 21, 2012

The SSG's


When I was at the beach I read a book called The Same Sweet Girls. I don't necessarily recommend the book, it was just an easy beach read. However, it did get me thinking.
The book was about a group of 6 women who met in college & have had a reunion together every year since they graduated. Now they're in their 50s & it recounts some stories of their past & their current issues that have all made them grow closer.They leaned on each other through death and divorces and difficult times. Though I have experienced little of the things they have due to my young age, it gave me a new appreciation for the people I have in my life. I am so so grateful for each and every friend I have- from high school and college and everywhere in between. The ones I see frequently or talk to often and the ones I rarely see or rarely get to talk to. Like the girls in this book, I'm sure I drive my friends crazy and yes all girls can get on my nerves sometimes, but I love every quirk about my friends that makes them who they are and all of the things they bring to the table. Each one is unique & different from the other & I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that no matter where we all go and how long it is until we talk the next time, we always are able to pick up where we left off. I feel like all of my friends are the best listeners and never get annoyed when I ramble. (at least they act like they dont!) I appreciate so much every listening ear and word of advice and the jokes that make me laugh. Thank you, Lord, for every person I have in my life that I get to call my friend. Thanks for being my friends y'all! I hope to have reunions like the same sweet girls with my sweet girlfriends.






No comments:

Post a Comment