Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BE.

When I was searching for the perfect quote/lyric/verse to put on the board I made for my room, I stumbled on this treasure (and a lot more from Elisabeth Eliot!) Maybe I'm the only one that can relate, but who knows, maybe you can too...

      “The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover the simpler life, the greater peace."    -Elisabeth Eliot. 

I think oftentimes we may desire a thing- a new house, the latest clothes or gadgets, etc. but it doesn't always have to be a THING. Sometimes it can be a relationship or a certain lifestyle or a job or even some answers. And when we're not trying to GET something else, we're worried about what we do have-the circumstances we're in or the things we have to do. How often do we let ourselves BE? I think it would free a lot of stress and worries in my life and everyone's if we would just BE with God and just like the quote says, have only what God wants us to have. It "would set our hearts at rest" and I think free us. Isn't a simpler life what everyone wants? I think that may be simpler to attain than we all think. 

"Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for him to act." -Psalm 37:7 (other versions say  be silent or REST in the Lord.) Ahhh... how inviting:)


No comments:

Post a Comment